Hello pedro,

I had exactly the same problem except that I did not
get the 'missing mswin32-ruby17.dll' message on WinMe.
I found the missing dll problem using the dependency
walker application suggested by Bill. I am not playing
with RUDL for now. I do not want to install a lower
version of Ruby just to get RUDL to work, am afraid
other libraries I am using with Ruby may not work. But
I am curious, did RUDL work with the lower version of
Ruby install that has the correct dll?

TIA
Ramesh
--- Bill Kelly <billk / cts.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From: "Pedro Estrada" <pcestrada / hotmail.com>
>
> > I'm diving into Ruby and trying out RUDL. I used
> the Ruby173-6.exe 'one
> > click install' for windows to set up Ruby. I then
> installed RUDL, and tried
> > the samples. They failed with an error of missing
> mswin32-ruby17.dll. My
> > Ruby173-6 distro doesn't have that dll, it has
> msvcrt-ruby17.dll instead. I
> > removed the 173-6 install and tried the Ruby172-1
> install and that one
> > contained the mswin32-ruby17.dll that RUDL needs.
> My question why the name
> > change in the dll, I didn't see it mentioned the
> release notes?
>
> I don't know the reason for the dll name change but
> recently in
> [ruby-talk:57001] Martin Stannard gave a URL that
> had many versions
> of RUDL built for the various dlls...
> ( http://froukepc.dhs.org/rudl/download/binary/ )
>

> Hope this helps,
>
> Bill

=====
Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD
Assistive Technology & Neuroscience Research CenterNational Rehabilitation Hospital
102 Irving St., NW
Washington, DC 20010
202-877-1932 phone ext 1935
202-723-0628 fax