Hello,

I heard a little while back that there might be a Ruby book in the works for
people who don't (yet) program.  Anyone know who is working on this?

I ask because I have taught several people to program using Ruby as the
language.  Some were adults; some kids as young as 8.  Not all of my
experiences were successful :(, though some certainly were.

In any case, I learned from each one and would like to share what I found to
work, and what I found *not* to work.

One thing I did find, though, was the Ruby is the perfect language for
learning to program!  (I have tought people C before, too... it was as
excruciating as I remembered it being when I first learned it.  Ugh!  My
first 8 hours (and 20 lines) of C programming consisted almost entirely of
me staring at the screen, saying "So what the **** do I do now??"  After a
while, C became second-nature to me, and I blocked all of that out, but that
first program was misery incarnate.)

Chris