> I feel a little frustrated with Ruby's documentation. I like the
> companion book "The Pragmatic Programmer". However, it is apparently not
> good enough to be a online manual. May be because I'm completely new to
> Ruby.

I am completely new to Ruby, and I echo your frustration.  There should be
a book intended to introduce Ruby to newbies.

I'd also like to see a book for people who don't know OO. I've programmed
for several years, but I don't know OO.  Ruby is my first OO language.  I
find that the current book jumps into classes before it's covered the
basics like flow-control, functions and variables.  I still figured it
out, but it was harder than it could have been.  It also starts on
iterators before explaining more basic syntas.  The 'Class#method' syntax
and a couple other things are not explained either.

There could be a chapter or two for people who simply have never
programmed before.  There's nothing wrong with starting classes sooner
than you would in another language, but it still should come after more
basic things.

Just a thought.

Daniel.