Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: RCR: Stack, Queue alias methods in Array"
>    on 02/11/27, Martin DeMello <martindemello / yahoo.com> writes:
>
> |Yes, but only the first time.
>
> Not for me.  I probably have to answer to the question "why top is
> last?" thousand times in the future.  ;-)

I just realised that the whole reason I wanted this was that it doesn't
mater which end it is :) It's just "the same end as push and pop".

> The matz's first principle of method names.
>
>  If you have a "right" name for the method, implement it.
>  If you have any doubt in a name, just wait.

Principle of least annoyance :) I agree that it's very irritating to be
forced to use a method name that doesn't feel right.

Speaking of which, what do you think of 'lambda' being renamed 'fn' in
Arc? Ever since the first time I had to pass several anonymous procs to
a function I've been wondering whether adding f as an alias for proc was
a good idea - it looks much neater, but making f a reserved word might
be bad.

martin