Jason Persampieri wrote:

> I'm attempting to map output of a 'system' call
> directly in to an FXText window.

<snip>

You might want to take a look at the inputs.rb example program that
comes with FXRuby, although I'm not sure how well it's going to work on
Windows. There is a (non-FXRuby related) problem with doing non-blocking
file I/O on Windows and I'm not sure that it has been resolved yet.

P.S.

Can you (privately) send me some more information about how to reproduce
the problem you described in your SF bug report about long file names?
Please provide specifics (and if possible a sample program that
demonstrates the problem).