I'd suggest you register a signal handler:

#include <signal.h>

:
:
 signal( SIGSEV, handler_func )
:
:

void handler_func( int signal_id )
{
}

Set a breakpoint in the signal handler, and then run it under KDevelop
(in debug mode)... (or some other IDE...)

#
In article <E13eW7L-0006NK-00 / ev.netlab.zetabits.co.jp>,
  matz / zetabits.com (Yukihiro Matsumoto) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "[ruby-talk:5168] Re: Compile Problem with 1.6.1"
>     on 00/09/28, Scott Billings <aerogemsX / netins.net> writes:
>
> |Well, an AthlonGCC bug might be the cause, but I've had no problems
> |with any other app compiled with it.
>
> Ruby is a rather complicated software.
>
> |Anyway, compiled in debugging info, all other flags the same, here's
> |the output I get from gdb:
>
> |Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> |0x400bd5fe in free () from /lib/libc.so.6
>
> This information strongly suggests that there're pointer bugs.  But I
> couldn't find any of them using checkergcc.  sigh.
>
> 							matz.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.