I have a Ruby application that is comprised of two threads. One thread
updates a data class and the other thread is the DRb server associated with
the data class. When my client accesses the data class through the DRb
server, do I need to be concerned about controlling access to the data class
with a mutex?

Currently, I am only retrieving data with my DRb client, but this will
change in the near future. If I am updating the data class via the DRb
client, I assume I will need to take precautions to protect the data class?

If you use a mutex in this situation, whom gets blocked by the mutex and how
does it effect the DRb operation/client?

Thanks.