Hi Ramesh,

From: "Ramesh Ramloll" <ramloll2001 / yahoo.com>

> Hi Bill,
> Checked the windows excutables search path, its
> pointing to the right place. All the dlls are in
> c:\ruby\bin and the latter of course is on my PATH.
> Well was just trying some interesting minimal
> multi-media application to  learn Ruby.

Sorry to hear RUDL isn't working for you, but glad GLUT and
OpenGL are.  Perhaps the win32 Dependency Walker
( http://www.dependencywalker.com/ ) would be of some utility
in troublshooting RUDL's Missing Link...

Also, I've noticed on RAA an alternate SDL binding for Ruby,
but haven't tried it yet myself:
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa-list.rhtml?id=415

Additionally, in case it might be relevant to what you want
to do with Ruby, here's one way (albeit windows-specific) to
play sounds:
http://www.ruby-talk.com/55423

> I think there has always been a lot of
> un-necessary cognitive load on setting things up
> before you get started. I remember this was true with
> the Java CLASSPATH in the begining.

Yes, it's regrettable the RUDL library doesn't specify which
DLL it's unable to link with. . . . I haven't experienced
many dependency-related problems in Ruby yet, so far most
things I've added have just Worked for me, but maybe I've
been lucky so far.  I've certainly had my share of
NoClassDefFound exceptions in Java. :)

> Anyway, at least OpenGL and
> GLUT seems to work for me so may I drop RUDL for now.

Good luck & Have fun with Ruby !

Regards,

Bill