----- Original Message -----
From: "Yukihiro Matsumoto" <matz / ruby-lang.org>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: RCR: Stack, Queue alias methods in Array

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: RCR: Stack, Queue alias methods in Array"
>     on 02/11/27, Martin DeMello <martindemello / yahoo.com> writes:
>
> |Yes, but only the first time.
>
> Not for me.  I probably have to answer to the question "why top is
> last?" thousand times in the future.  ;-)

:) What if we signed a contract to answer that particular
question for you?

Actually, I like top. To me, it is clear that an array
has a top ONLY when you are using it as a stack.

As for me, my limited intellect makes it necessary to
look up shift/unshift/push/pop any time I need the
real details of how they work.

> The matz's first principle of method names.
>
>   If you have a "right" name for the method, implement it.
>   If you have any doubt in a name, just wait.

Maybe patience is one of your great secrets.

I wonder: Would there be any value in Stack and
Queue classes that inherited from Array?

Perhaps this would introduce more problems than
it would solve.

Hal