ts <decoux / moulon.inra.fr> wrote:

> M> module Enumerable
>
> I don't think that you can put it in a module, or a class.

Where would I put it, then? Global is obviously out, and I can't think
of any object I could attach the countstack to. Maybe an instance of a
CountStack class, with Kernel methods to access the stack.

> M> Another random thought: can you get at the names of the block local
> M> variables? Might be possible to hack something up along the lines of a
> M> hash of symbols, if so.
>
> #local_variables give you the name of all local variables (with block
>  local) but you'll have a problem (like your current implementation) when
>  I'll introduce threads :-))

Ah, threads :) Is there a way of writing a class so that I can have only
one CountStack object per thread, but each thread has its own instance?

martin