On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:46:02 +0900, Yohanes Santoso wrote:
> Austin Ziegler <austin / halostatue.ca> writes:
>> Shouldn't it return an Array of Calls, where a Call contains the
>> same information as is in the string and, in fact, has a #to_s
that
> You could get the Wayne's stack_frames patch:
> http://yagni.com/stack_frames/index.php

I don't particularly care for that because I don't compile my own
version of Ruby (except on Linux, which is a fraction of my total
development time). I'd rather use something which is "standard
Ruby". IMO, the stack_frames patch should probably become part of
standard Ruby -- although the only time that I've needed caller(0)
so far, I just care about the immediate caller (to determine whether
the function was being called by another function in the same class;
it has a minor effect on behaviour).

-austin
-- Austin Ziegler, austin / halostatue.ca on 2002.11.26 at 22.39.08