William Djaja Tjokroaminata <billtj / z.glue.umd.edu> wrote:

> Ooops, sorry.  Yes, in fact in "eval.c" the function "rb_alias" has
> inserted the same function pointer for the new method name.  So an aliased
> method call is as efficient as the original method call.

...... which leads me to ask, why the last time when I asked, given a
method string/name, whether there is an easy way to get the function
pointer, the answer was in principle, *no* ?  (See threads starting at
http://www.ruby-talk.org/46426.)

Or, is it because at the "alias" level, Ruby deals only with nodes and not
the function pointers?  But does this then imply that Ruby simply converts
all the functions defined in C to nodes?  Does this also imply that in
theory it is possible for me to store the nodes in C to make the C code
run faster?

Regards,

Bill