Pe, Botp wrote:
> In fact, this would be a big plus for ruby, too. We could say then to our
> c++/java friends that their ++ is welcome here, though it would just be
> icing on the cake; ruby's oo is the meat.

I seriously doubt that there are C/C++/Java programmers holding back
from Ruby just for the want of a pre/post increment/decrement operator.

If they can't see Ruby for what is then from experience I know that they
will be asking for strong typing, statics, operator overloading,
constant methods and parameter and a whole host of other features that
will just turn Ruby into a second rate C/C++/Java.

Quite frankly the only thing that I miss in Ruby is an String#each_char
to complement String#each_byte.