Hi,

In message "Re: [FAQ] Why isn't 'x++' or 'x--' valid?"
    on 02/11/26, "Pe?a, Botp" <botp / delmonte-phil.com> writes:

|Matz indeed suggested long way back that this would be possible but only as
|a syntax sugar (maybe preprocess it to .succ/.next/+=/-=). Considering a lot
|of "surprises" lately, I would vote for this.
|
|The ++/-- has become a universal idiom for a lot of programmers, just like
|"f*ck y*u" idiom has been known worldwide (heck even aborigines say it -pls
|excuse my language, this is just stupid example).

I guess you're captured by your languages too much.  Neither C nor
English is universal.  I don't feel ++/-- fit in "Ruby Way", just
because it cannot be explained by simple object model.  Illusion from
sugaring may confuse people afterwards.

  And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up;
  and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten
  it, my belly was bitter.
                                                       -- Rev 10:10

							matz.