On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 01:33 pm, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> Everything else is done with native Ruby loops -- I find that I just
> *don't care* about incrementing indexes, because Ruby does the right
> thing for me.

This relates to my email a few minutes earlier about collect_with_index, but
how would you do this without incrementing an index, given the current lack
of existance of a collect_with_index method?

To take a string, split it into paragraphs, turn each of them into an HTML <p>
and number them:

i = 0; string.split("\n").collect{ |para| '<p>' + (i += 1).to_s + " - " + para
}.join("\n")

Tim Bates
--
tim / bates.id.au