"Ted" <ted / datacomm.com> writes:
> Someone made a comment (I paraphrase) like "PHP can do it, but with
> complete insecurity", and opined that Ruby is more secure than PHP.

Well-written PHP is precisely as secure as well-written Ruby; I'm not
sure what one might mean by the idea of security in a high-level
programming language. They all do what you tell them. If you tell them
to use user-supplied data in a system call, they'll do it. If you don't,
they won't.

It's just that well-written PHP is relatively few and far between.

--
IBM Pollyanna Principle:
	Machines should work.  People should think.