Obiously a troll, but I couldn't resist...

In article <F25TDhtWrwuVjtQUGUz000118da / hotmail.com>,
Dat Nguyen <thucdat / hotmail.com> wrote:
>others (Perl, Python, etc.) for some useful things. Those who know these
>languages, don't need to&nbsp;say why. But when it comes to the ultimate
>application like a language itself (Ruby, Perl, Python, etc.), nothing
>can beat the awesome C. To my knowledge, most advanced chess programs
>(Deep Blue, Fritz, Junior, Shredder, etc.) are written in either C or
>C++, never Prolog or Lisp. Mastering C/C++ is still required when it
>comes to performance. If a chess program in Ruby can beat all those
>chess&nbsp;programs in C/C++, no naive propaganda for Ruby needs to be
>made.

Well, if the only criteria for a language being viable is that you can
write a fast chess program in it, then I suppose you're right.  And of
course since chess programs are so important we should all drop what we're
working on and start our own chess projects.  I'll start the trend:  That
TaskMaster thingy is now gonna become ChessMaster.  No more of those
useless web apps - it's all chess all the time.

Hey, wait, assembler is even faster than C!  Let's implement our chess
programs in assembler.  Surely you have shown us a new path to
enlightenment and for this we thank you.

>So far I haven't spotted any Job that requires Ruby, but the trio
>C++/Java/C#;&nbsp;most companies and managers&nbsp;are very well
>informed.

companies and managers rule, dude!  ;-)

>href="http://g.msn.com/8HMJEN/2015">the new MSN 8</a> and get 2 months
>FREE*</html>