> The lint programs for Python don't work very well, so it is
> likely that it will be hard to write a useful lint program
> for Ruby.

lint type tool could be nice anyway. But I imagine the tool have to have
hard time trying to figure out whether I'm really creating a new variable or
calling a method by accident etc.

The tool could, however, try to give a hint I might have a spelling error
when I'm writing NameeErorr instead of NameError. The trick could be to try
to estimate psychological or "seen" difference between names, and require
certain minimum. That way previous example would be warned to have an error.
Or if it does not have an error, then the programmer should rename variables
to mark clearly they're different names; and as a side effect the lint
warning goes away too. That wouldn't be bad idea as it would help fellow
coders also...

	- Aleksi