On Wednesday 20 November 2002 07:23 am, Jostein Berntsen wrote:
| Hi,
|
| Is using eRuby with MySQL, for making PHP-like solutions, documented in any
| form anywhere? Could Ruby be a contender for web development in a
| discussion like this?
|
| http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/19912.html
|
| Regards,
|
| Jostein

Jostein,

Yes- eruby + MySQL go along quite nicely; I used them for quite some time for
a number of solutions, and found it to be a very powerful combination.  These
days I use Amrita (nothing against eruby, I just don't like embedded code),
but eruby is definitely a contender vs. PHP, etc.

And, to answer your first question: for docs, check the MySQL library's page
at http://www.tmtm.org/en/mysql/ruby/ and the mod_ruby/eruby page at
http://www.modruby.net/.  There is probably more documentation out there, but
it's actually a fairly easy to get started with just those references and a
copy of your favorite Ruby book.

--
Bruce R. Williams :: [iusris/#ruby-lang] :: http://www.codedbliss.com

  'It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
  tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.'
  -- Samuel Adams