----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin DeMello" <martindemello / yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 6:49 AM
Subject: Thoughts on generators

> I've been looking through the generator threads in the archive, and
> they all seem to centre around the problem of converting an internal
> iterator to an external iterator. This would be a wonderful thing, I
> admit, but so far there's been no time and space efficient way to do
> it (as far as I've seen, you either need to dump the enumerable to an
> array, or use call/cc).

[snip long interesting post]

Martin,

I've only halfway followed this thread, as
I'm not 100% sure in what sense people are
using the term "generator"... if it's in a
pure Python sense, well, my knowledge of
Python is very limited.

Why don't you read the post I made
back in August and see if you think
there's any connection...

The thread is entitled "Super-iterator? (long)"
and starts at http://ruby-talk.org/46337

I was attempting to solve three or four
problems at once (some of which may be
non-problems to other people). One of
these was the lack of "on-demand" iteration
which as I understand it may be the same
as generation.

Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks,
Hal Fulton