I want to install a script that will be run as an executable which isn't a
big problem on *nix, just put:
#!<path_to_ruby>
on the first line and make the file executable.

However <path_to_ruby> can vary depending on which flavor of *nix or even
which flavor of Linux you're using and how ruby was installed.

So my question is, does install.rb take care of this?  ie. for each script
in your package's /bin directory does it prepend the #!<path_to_ruby>
prior to installing the script?

Also...  I would guess that unless you're running cygwin under Windows
that install.rb wouldn't be too useful for installing a package on the
Windows platform, correct?

Phil