Saturday, November 16, 2002, 2:30:09 PM, you wrote:

mmbnj> Hello,

>>   Next I've decided to supply attr_reader to access @name and class
>>   became:
>>   class MyObject
>>     attr_reader :name
>>     def initialize( name )
>>       @name = name
>>     end
>>   end
>>
>>   When I've fetched my object from DRb server and called obj.name I
>>   saw error message:
>>   undefined method `name' for #<MyClass:0x80e5864>

mmbnj> Did you define attr_reader as each of a server and a client?
I can't require my object (class) declarations on the serverside, all
objects are stored in relational DB and server allows to store objects
of any class. So server requires only drb/drb.
mmbnj> Which of a server and a client is that an error comes out?
Error comes out on the clientside, when object is unmarshalized and
received by client. It exists, but doesn't respond to :name. But as I
told before it responds to :name if I define method 'name' to access
instance variable (not reader). This seems strange to me.

--
Best regards,
 Eugene [team Enticla]               mailto:Eugene.Scripnik / itgrp.net