On 2002.11.14, Andrew Hunt <andy / toolshed.com> wrote:
>     >Actually, can someone tell me what is going on with the DNS?
>
> The folks at Addison-Wesley, who provide rubycentral.com, seem
> to be having some "administrative issues".

That's an awfully polite way of saying "haven't got a clue" ... ;-)

> Dave's been on them for over to week to get the problem resolved,
> but it is apparently still a problem.

Tell them to transfer the domain to their register.com account already.
The problem has to do with the fact that this domain is still under
Network Solutions and for some reason the rubycentral.com domain isn't
properly in the root name server for the .COM TLD ... or at least,
A.GTLD-SERVERS.NET doesn't know who the NS are for the domain ...

I guess someone could always try and send email to
<NSTLD / VERISIGN-GRS.com> and complain about the breakage of
rubycentral.com and see if they can do something about it.  But, moving
the domain over to Pearson's Register.com will force an update to the
root servers and probably correct the problem, anyway.

> But we really need a better home; one with more bandwidth, mirroring,
> etc.

Is bandwidth really a problem?  Shouldn't be ... mirroring would be
nice, though.

-- Dossy