Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> What Fox issue? I'm using FXRuby-1.0.15 and fox-1.0.26 on linux and
> windows, and the dangling ptr problem is history.

Yes, it's unrelated to the dangling pointer problem that you were seeing.

There was a subtle (but unintended) change in the semantics for how
stuff from the Fox module gets "included" when you do:

     include Fox

I haven't had a chance to digest exactly what's going on, but after I've
done so I'll try to summarize somewhere. It's not really what I'd call a
bug, and I'm not sure that there's anything to "fix" yet; but the
problem is that most or all of the FreeRIDE code was written to depend
on the previous semantics and as a result is now broken.

I'm not trying to be vague ;) I just don't quite have a handle on what
has changed (or why this change had the effect that it did).