On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 05:46, Lyle Johnson wrote:
> W Kent Starr wrote:
> > Do you have the latest? Flash 6.0
> > I loaded in Mozilla 1.1 and it showed up for me.
> > For the record - Redhat 7.2, in case there is some weird dependencies or
> > lack thereof in 8.0.
>
> I just previously visited the Macromedia Downloads page:
>
> 	http://www.macromedia.com/downloads
>
> and clicked one of the first links I saw (near the top of the page):
> "Macromedia Web Players - Macromedia Flash Player". This took me to a
> page to download Flash Player 5 (not 6.0), which I assumed was their
> recommended version.
>
> Based on your comments, I went back to this page but this time clicked
> the "Need a different player?" link to see what my options were. For the
> record, the page I landed on is here:
>
> 	http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/alternates/
>
> It appears that Flash Player 6.0 is only available for Windows and Mac
> OSX. The only version *listed* for Linux is version 5. When you pull up
> the plugins page under Mozilla 1.1 on RH Linux 7.2 (by typing
> "about:plugins") what version does it claim you have installed?

Hi Lyle,

Works fine for me on Gentoo with Mozilla 1.0.1 and the following flash
libraries on my system. Not sure which one is actually doing the work.

root@Evergreen] root # emerge -s flash
Searching...
[ Results for search key : flash ]
[ Applications found : 3 ]

*  media-libs/libflash
      Latest version available: 0.4.10-r1
      Latest version installed: 0.4.10-r1
      Homepage: http://www.swift-tools.com/Flash/

*  net-www/netscape-flash
      Latest version available: 6.0b
      Latest version installed: 6.0b
      Homepage: http://www.macromedia.com/

**Note I cut one of the results out because i didn't have it installed.

I hope this helps you somewhat.

- --
Signed,
Holden Glova