Hi,

I recently installed Ruby 1.6.7 and FOX 1.0.26 on an OpenBSD system.
That success left me hopeful that I'd be able to get FXRuby (version
1.0.14) installed as well.

I tried searching on Google for any trace of hints about how feasible
this would be, but I couldn't find much.

I _did_ see that some people have installed FXRuby on NetBSD and FreeBSD
systems, so I'm hoping it's possible to get it working on OpenBSD
without too much trouble.

I followed the normal FXRuby "Building from Source Code" instructions.
The "ruby install.rb config" command appeared to work just fine.

However, the "ruby install.rb setup" command produces the following:

-----------------
p233# ruby install.rb setup
install.rb: entering setup phase...
---> lib
---> lib/fox
<--- lib/fox
<--- lib
---> ext
---> ext/fox
make
cc -fPIC -O2 -pipe  -fPIC -O0 -Iinclude -I.
-I/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.6/i386-openbsd3.2
-I/var/tmp/fxruby/FXRuby-1.0.14/ext/fox -I/usr/local/include
-DHAVE_SYS_TIME_H -DHAVE_SIGNAL_H  -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include/fox -c -o librb.o librb.c
make: don't know how to make core_wrap.o. Stop in
/var/tmp/fxruby/FXRuby-1.0.14/ext/fox.
setup failed
'system make' failed
try 'ruby install.rb --help' for usage

This seems like such a basic error that happens so early on in the
install that, with luck, there's a simple fix.  I'd hoped that it was
just not finding a correct path somewhere, but after looking at the
makefile, it became clear that I'm out of my depth here.

Has anyone here worked with FXRuby on OpenBSD?  I can provide more
information if there's anything helpful...

Ralph