In article <E13krCQ-0002h1-00 / ev.netlab.zetabits.co.jp>,
  Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
>Hi,

(...)

>Dave's idea in [ruby-talk:5546] (i.e. lambda{<a,b> ...}) is
>interesting. It'll make Ruby slightly more complex, but solves problem
>1 above without incompatibility.  If no one find the problem for this,
>I think I'm going to implement this in 1.7.

Hmmm ... What do you think about the following? Valid expressions between
'|' ... '|' are lexpr, yes? What about using one violence of that to get
the desired behavior? In detail ...

  { |a, b, c| ... }

works as we expect currently, but (in violence of the allowed lexpr) we
could allow symbols as well:

This could mean our new behavior, creating closure local variables (named
after the symbols value) that are not shared with any of the outside.

The advantage could be, that we even could mix both behaviors if we want so.

Just my two cents,
\cle

--
Clemens Hintze  mailto: c.hintze / gmx.net