Hi guys,

As you might see, the doc/NEWS file has been quite stale and far from
complete without active maintainers when it is VERY important for
developers who do not have extra time to scroll ChangeLog up and down
to "read" what have changed.  I was supposed to be one, but I found I
don't have enough time to catch up with ruby-talk.  We badly need new,
active maintainer(s).

Required work is basically just summarizing ChangeLog entries from the
user's point of view, however, it would naturally require reading
ruby-talk and ruby-core regularly to figure out what was behind a made
change, because commit messages often lack that kind of background
information that users want to know when they find a significant
change.

Fortunately, there's a regularly maintained Japanese version of the
file, although the maintainer feels it's too much work for him to
write detailed descriptions in English also.

  http://www.ruby-lang.org/ja/man-1.6/?cmd=view;name=ruby+1.6+feature
  http://www.ruby-lang.org/ja/man-1.6/?cmd=view;name=ruby+1.7+feature

All Japanese ruby hackers are willing to help with maintaining the
doc/NEWS file whenever you need clarifications and explanations of
each change.

Any volunteers?  I'd appreciate if more than one person volunteered
for the role.  In that case, I would make a mailing list to help their
cooperation.

Regards,

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find
              When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind.."