Lyle Johnson wrote:

> > I think I built FOX with GNU's ld and Ruby 1.7.3 using Sun's ld.  I was (just now)
> > going to try and rebuild Ruby 1.7.3 with the --with-gnu-ld option, but that doesn't
> > appear to be a valid option (it didn't show up with "configure --help" and setting it
> > didn't seem to do anything).
> >
> > What do I need to change within the configure script to get it to recognize this?  I
> > looked around some, but I only messed things up.
>
> Instead of worrying about the configure script, maybe you can just
> modify the Makefile directly. Look for the place(s) where it's invoking
> "ld" and hard-code the path to GNU ld (/usr/local/bin/ld or whatever).

Problem solved!

Actually, I didn't end up rebuilding Ruby 1.7.3.  I rebuilt the FOX library instead with
the --with-gnu-ld option and that solved it.  I ran one of the examples to make sure.

I don't know why that works.  I'll just nod my head and move along.

Thanks for all your help Lyle!

Regards,

Dan