Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:00545] Proc calls with variable context?"
    on 99/08/02, Clemens Hintze <c.hintze / gmx.net> writes:

|There is a method `eval' for that you can deliver a `Binding'
|instance. Unfortunately, the `eval' method seems only to work with
|`String' instances, not mit `Proc' instances.

Treating local variables requires compile time information.  Blocks
and Proc objecta are already compiled somewhere so that supplying
binding for run-time is not enough.

On th other hand, eval with strings and binding works because it
can compile string with binging information.

Of cource, it is restriction from implemantation.  But I thinks it's
hard to remove the restriction.
                                                matz.