----- Original Message -----
From: "Lyle Johnson" <lyle / users.sourceforge.net>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: Problem posting to ML

> Chris Gehlker wrote:
> >

> > On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 12:39 PM, Gennady F. Bystritsky
wrote:

> >     I have a strange problem -- very often when posting to ruby-talk I
> >     get an error from _Mailer-Daemon / ignoramus.co.uk_ (see attachment).
> >     Nevertheless my post gets delivered anyway. Any ideas?
> >

> > This is happening to everyone. Ignoramus is hosed. It's sending you the
> > bounce notice.
>
> Has no one yet commented on the irony inherent in the subscriber's
> e-mail host?

It seems to me that a mailing list server must be configured so that it does
not relay to the sender problems with delivering messages to other
subscribers. After all a sender cares only that his/her message is delivered
to the mailing list server itself. Otherwise if more such ghost subscribers
appear it may cause a lot of problems. I know that some mailing list
software allow for sure to be configured this way along with turning off
delivering a just sent message back to the sender (although this is
convenient as a delivery confirmation ;-) ).

Gennady.