From: "Carl Youngblood" <carl / ycs.biz>

> From: "Gavin Sinclair" <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au>
> >
> > Is anyone going to make a decision on this?  I'm getting pretty sick of
> the
> > attachments but can live with the inline noise.
> >
> > Gavin
> >

> Perhaps the mailing list software could reformat the messages that come from
> outlook express the way they're supposed to look, although it is kind of
> convoluted to add code to one piece of software to make up for the problems
> in another.
>
> Carl

Messages coming from Outlook is not the issue here.  It's PGP signatures, which
are rendered in Outlook and Outlok Express (any others?) as either attachments,
so you can't read the message directly - very annoying), or inline text
signatures, which are unnecessary clutter.

The issue is independent of email clients used at either end, although some
data would be handy.  Since Oct 1, the PGP signed messages come from:

 INLINE
  KMail 1.4.3 (Michael Libby, Holden Glova)
  Mozilla (Lyle Johnson, Count Zero, Ben Schumacher)
  Sylpheed 0.8.5 (Martin Brown)

 ATTACHMENT
  Mutt 1.4 (Paul Duncan, Eric Hodel, Philipp Meier)

It is interesting to see which email clients are producing the PGP signatures,
since these clients are obviously adept at receiving them - without attachments
or inline clutter.

What I do not know, and cannot determine, is how all the other clients in use
out there handle these messages.

Gavin

PS. Paul, Eric, and Philipp: any chance you can switch to inline PGP
signatures, at least for this list?  Come on, I know mutt can do anything!