>  - if the newbie summarises it the FAQ will reflect a newbie point of
>    view

Plus - when a newbie searches, they'll search for terms they're familiar
with.

I don't know how many times I've tried to learn something new, only to find
I just had the wrong search word(s).

If a person who's new to a topic can't find the answers they need when they
need them - the majority will say that the topic is stupid...

... note I said topic...

Ruby will look stupid if information about Ruby isn't given to the 'learning
user' when they need it.

-Rich
P.s. - As an example.... I'm a moderator at a forum... and I had someone rip
me a new one because I hadn't created any threads with the word 'newbie' in
the subject... since obviously a newbie would search for... newbie. I
personally have a strong dislike for the word 'newbie' (it's too easy to
sound like you're making fun of someone), so I never would have thought of
using that term.

P.p.s - Can I coin the term - 'The Newbie way'.... instead of 'The Ruby Way'
??