Hi,

In message "CGI::Session::FileStore question"
    on 02/11/07, "Chris" <nemo / hellotree.com> writes:

|I was wondering why FileStore converts the values of the session's hash into
|String objects before saving them?  (Refer to the methods 'update' and
|'restore'.)  It is frustrating having to convert everything back from
|strings all of the time.
|
|Couldn't we use marshaling and get the actual objects back?  This would also
|make FileStore work in the same way that MemoryStore does, which seems like
|a Good Thing.
|
|Is there a reason it wasn't done this way in the first place?

Marshal may not be what you want before saving data.  So do it by
yourself, or wrap CGI::Session::FileStore to do marshaling.  It is not
too hard to define something like CGI::Session::PStore.  Sufficient
for your homework.

							matz.