I am happily running OS 10.2.1 on my Mac, using the default OS X
installation of Ruby.  I have not installed any packages yet, but will
be doing so soon.  The fink package manager seems to be a pretty good
installer, so that's what I'll probably use.  Now, fink installs Ruby
libaries under /sw/bin and /sw/lib, as opposed to Mac OS X, which
installs it under /usr/bin and /usr/lib.

Has anyone tried to use OS X's native Ruby, yet have fink install
libraries in  the /sw directory?  Or is it preferable to simply let
fink install Ruby over again in /sw, along with additional libraries
(thus ignoring the native OS X Ruby installation)?  Or is better to
fiddle with fink, and have fink install Ruby libraries in /usr/lib  as
oppsoed to /sw?

Opinions please.