Daniel Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi,
> Apache would essentially have a mod_parrot.  Maybe, if this can be tested very hard, we'd even have a Parrot kernel module for all Unices supporting that.  Then exec() could perform compiled scripts right away, like machine code :-)
Gah!  Scary line-wraps!
Anyway, I would have thought that a more platform-independent version of
this would be, say, a parrotd, which sits on top of the kernel,
intercepts calls to exec() bytecode and spawns the relevant processes.
I may be wrong.  This parrotd system would also help in projects like
Beowulfs (although why you'd be using byte-compiled languages in
parallel computing is beyond me), because you could use inetd or similar
to spawn a parrot when data was received on a certain port.

Just my .02
--
FM