* ahoward (ahoward / fsl.noaa.gov) wrote:

> rdocists-
>
> when i use rdoc, or look at someone elses, under netscape 4.7x running
> linux 6.2, 7.0, or 7.2 the navigation frame lists (files, classes,
> methods) appear in an overlapping fashion where
>
>   one
>   two
>   three

While I can't duplicate your problem (the Imlib2-Ruby documentation
looks ugly as hell in Netscape 4.7, but the text isn't overlapping),
I'll bet Netscape is either ignoring or incorrectly parsing the
line-height directive in the rdoc-style.css file.  Try commenting all
the instances of it out (or removing them), and see if the text still
overlaps.

> are all almost atop each other.  i've put in a bug report but
> wondering what i can do in the mean time?

Use a browser with working CSS support (eg Konqueror, Opera, Galeon,
Mozilla, etc), or use a text-mode browser such as links to view the
documentation (yes, I do mean links, not lynx).

> more generally, i get this all the time netscape... anyone knowing the
> answer will get... uhhh.  a beer.  from me.

The answer is Netscape 4.x has broken CSS support.

--
Paul Duncan <pabs / pablotron.org>        pabs in #gah (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/               OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562