> Were these dynamic or static sites?  I'm looking for the best bet in
> for a static site.  I've done some wrapping around eruby and erb; it's
> not the simplest thing in the world but it works find as long as
> you're careful.  I suspect that iowa is just not appropriate for a
> static site.  What about amrita?

Iowa is pretty strongly targetted at web applications.  My personal
version of it is 1/2 way to having some major enhancements to make it much
easier to use Iowa for singleton pages with dynamic content.  ex. a page
or set of pages that display some data from a database, but that need to
be referenced by some simple, repeatable URL.  It doesn't currently
readily lend itself to such uses.

Kirk Haines