On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Massimiliano Mirra wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 05:00:46AM +0900, Bruce Williams wrote:
> > > what are peoples opinions on these projects?  has anyone used all three?
> > I have used two of the three- amrita and iowa.
> >
> > I am currently using amrita for all of my website projects, including work for
> > a high-interest client.  I find amrita templating extremely pure and
>
> Were these dynamic or static sites?  I'm looking for the best bet in
> for a static site.  I've done some wrapping around eruby and erb; it's
> not the simplest thing in the world but it works find as long as
> you're careful.  I suspect that iowa is just not appropriate for a
> static site.  What about amrita?

amrita simply takes an html template (view) and 'fills in the blanks' using
the ruby date (model).  wether you generate these pages apriori as *.html
files or stream the output to stdout from within a cgi program, amrita won't
care, it's not tied to static or dynamic implementations... i could definitely
see the advantage of using amrita templates from a maintainance perspective on
a static site - they are so short!  plus, one can easily use the same template
for different pages to acheive some uniformity in a site...

-a

--