Hi,

Hal Fulton wrote:

#   Mark Slagell <ms / iastate.edu> wrote:
# > Do either of these interest anyone:
# >
# > 1. a "literate mode" that assumes all lines in a script are comments
# > unless the first column is a special character (Haskell uses '>').
#
# Hmmm... not on my Top Ten list of features. I think =begin/=end are
# basically enough...

Well, if some sort of good justification is forthcoming, then for
semi-consistency in literate mode, how about =# starting in the first
column?

# > 2. the ability to specify a step value in ranges, e.g., (0,2..18) for
# > even numbers in the range.
#
# There should be some way to loop in increments (preferably not
# manually with while or until). On the other hand, I think this
# should NOT be done by changing the concept of a range.

Or at least it shouldn't look like an existing range with a number and
comma prefixed to it. The 2..18 looks like a range to me. I like the idea,
but not the proposed syntax. Something like (0..18, 2) would be much
cleaner visually (at least for me), and you could think of the 2nd
position as a parameter that normally defaults to 1.

Conrad Schneiker