On Sunday 03 November 2002 2:22 pm, Matt Gushee wrote:
<snip>
> > "I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can
> > tell you I did not have C++ in mind."
> >                                             -Alan Kay
>
> I wonder if even the inventor C++ had C++-as-we-know-it in mind.

A good question.  I used the very earliest C++ available (actually a
pre-processor for K&R C in the early '80s) and it bears little resemblance to
what is called C++ today.   I think one would do well to confine oneself to a
very select subset of C++.  One would do even better to use Obj-C instead.