On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 03:58:43AM +0900, Alan (Ursus Major) wrote:

> "Matt Gushee" <mgushee / havenrock.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Perfectly useless, but it works for me. I notice you wrote the class
> > name with a capital 'B' in your email. Did you do the same in your code?
> > If so, that would explain why it's not working.
> >
> Sigh ... yes, Matt, of course I did.

Well, that's an easy mistake to make. I've been caught by it more than
once.

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 04:56:18AM +0900, Albert Wagner wrote:

> Search RAA for the Ruby/Tk demo.

Which I happen to be maintaining, though not very actively.

> Much of the code is ugly

Indeed. It's basically just the Tcl/Tk demo package translated into
Ruby.

> I use the Perl/Tk Pocket Reference (almost cheap) , the Tcl/Tk Manual
> (downloadable or online from the Tcl/Tk site.) and the Ruby/Tk code. There is
> next to nothing by way of any documentation for Ruby/Tk itself.  A shame.

I also use the Tcl/Tk manual. Although it's far from ideal, just about
everything you need to know is in there. In most cases, the names of
things are the same, and you just have to translate them into Ruby
syntax.

Writing some real Ruby/Tk documentation is on my to-do list, but that's
a very long list, and its upper reaches are mostly populated by things I
might get paid for. I.e. this will probably not happen any time soon.

mgushee / havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)