Hi,

In article <39E609EF.4A7672D6 / iastate.edu>,
  Mark Slagell <ms / iastate.edu> wrote:
> Do either of these interest anyone:
>
> 1. a "literate mode" that assumes all lines in a script are comments
> unless the first column is a special character (Haskell uses '>').

Hmmm... not on my Top Ten list of features. I think =begin/=end are
basically enough...

> 2. the ability to specify a step value in ranges, e.g., (0,2..18) for
> even numbers in the range.

There should be some way to loop in increments (preferably not
manually with while or until). On the other hand, I think this
should NOT be done by changing the concept of a range.

Probably it's possible to create a little iterator that will mimic
C's for-loop. That would be good enough for me. I don't insist on
a truly selectable increment as in BASIC or FORTRAN. (Sorry for
using those names in this forum.)

> The first I've wanted for a while; I really like the idea of being
able
> to give primacy to comments. It would go with a filename extender
(.lrb
> for literate ruby, following convention; .rb or anything else would be
> treated like a normal script).
>
> The second occurs to me after reading the thread on iterating on
integer
> ranges.
>
>   -- Mark

Hal