This is very cool.  The architecture looks well thought out.  You may
want to think about using Jabber as an eventing architecture (MUD to
client).

I wrapped jabber in Ruby:

http://www.infoether.com/ruby/jabber4r/

And I've used it in my current (work) project and it works quite well as
a service-service messaging architecture.

Anyway, great work...I want to look deeper into the API now ;-)

-Rich Kilmer (from RubyConf v2)

   http://mues.FaerieMUD.org/

Questions, suggestions, and contributions welcome.

--
Michael Granger <ged / FaerieMUD.org>
Rubymage, Believer, Architect