On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 22:36:19 +0900, coma_killen / fastmail.fm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there some simple way to pretty-print Ruby source code on the
> windows platform?
>
> I have cygwin so I guess I can find some sources for enscript or
> somesuch and compile them (If so is there some ruby-specific
> enscript files around, the RAA link seems does not work anymore).
> But I'd rather have a simpler solution.
>
> How do you pretty-print your Ruby sources on the windows platform?

I haven't yet needed to pretty-print Ruby source, but I'd do it the
way that I do everything I need to pretty-print. (It's unfortunately
a very manual process, though.)

1. I load the file into VIM.
2. VIM does syntax highlighting for me (I also use line numbering,
   so VIM automatically provides line numbers, too.)
3. I do Syntax|Convert to HTML
4. I save the HTML file and load it in a web browser.
5. I print the resulting web page.

-austin
-- Austin Ziegler, austin / halostatue.ca on 2002.11.01 at 09.06.08