On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 11:40:51AM +0900, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> Can anyone explain to me what Yuya's package bRuby
> <http://bruby.sourceforge.jp> is about?

Well, since none of our native Japanese speakers have responded yet,
I'll attempt a superficial explanation. If you can read Japanese at all,
you may have as good an idea as I do. But anyway:

  "bRuby is an extension library for dumping or un-dumping the
  internal tree structure of a Ruby interpreter."

Apparently it is being developed in connection with the Japan
Information Technology Promotion Agency's ["Unexplored Youth" software
creation project]*, which seems to be a sort of contest (?) for young
developers. This year's theme is something about "Ruby script hiding and
interchange with Windows executables" (don't ask me what those two have
to do with each other.

I think I'll stop before I really put my foot in my mouth.

* That's my literal translation. The Japanese probably has an idiomatic
  meaning that makes more sense.

mgushee / havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)