From: Jason Voegele [mailto:jason / jvoegele.com]
Sent: Friday, 1 November 2002 14:48
To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
Subject: Re: object database

Eugene Scripnik wrote:
>   I am searching for the application/server that allows to store
>   objects and easy manipulate them. It must support caching,
>   transactions and loading by request, so if I loaded some object and
>   want to access some subobject it must be automaticly loaded from DB.

I'm working on a Ruby interface to the GOODS object database:

     http://www.garret.ru/~knizhnik/goods.html

Eventually, I'd like to refactor RubyGOODS to be a generic,
transactional object persistence/sharing library that could use
pluggable drivers to support various back ends such as flat files or
relational databases.

Unfortunately, I'm working on a pretty heavy-duty contract right now and
  it could be a little while before I finish the GOODS interface, let
alone the generic object persistence library.

RubyGOODS can be found at:

     http://sourceforge.net/projects/ruby-goods

although I haven't put anything there yet due to being stuck behind a
stringent firewall.

--
Jason Voegele
"We believe that we invent symbols. The truth is that they invent us."

__

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged.
If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you
prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information
contained herein.  Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return
e-mail.

Thank you for your cooperation.

ec03/04