Radek Hnilica wrote:
> radek@kvark:~/source/iowa-0.15/examples/guestbook$

Are you using CVS of IOWA?  ^^^^
Mixing and matching 0.15 and the CVS main trunk can't be helpful :-)

> incompatible marshal file format (can't be read)
>         format version 4.8 required; 15.47 given

I have similar problems, and have gone back to using the 0.15 version of
IOWA, for the time being.

I posted the question to the iowa-talk list:

No definitive answer yet.

> I'm confused with this error.  Looking in the source of latest cvs
> version I see that marshal format version is 4.8, the ruby expect
> this.  But from where is the version 15.47.

I'm beginning to wonder if the mod_iowa.so _doesn't_ use Marshal yet, so
the unmarshalled data it is sending to the shared socket is by Ruby
tried to be treated as marshallable data (and then some arbitrary data
falls into the version field). There is nothing in the CVS log for
mod_iowa.c file about adding Marshal, and the Marshal change is rather
recent. Looks like Kirk is in the middle of something, perhaps?

[kentda@v052a iowa]$ cvs diff -r1.3 -r1.4 iowa.rb|grep -i marshal
>       r = Marshal.load(m)
>       m = Marshal.dump(r)
[kentda@v052a iowa]$ cvs log iowa.rb
<SNIP>
revision 1.4
date: 2002/09/24 02:35:12;  author: khaines;  state: Exp;  lines: +19
-43
Changes to utilize Iowa::Request
</SNIP>

--
(\[ Kent Dahl ]/)_    _~_    __[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]___/~
 ))\_student_/((  \__d L b__/  NTNU - graduate engineering - 5. year  )