ptkwt / shell1.aracnet.com (Phil Tomson) writes:
> Every library _should_ be wrapped in a module(s) to narrow the namespace
> used by the library, like:
>
> module <major-catagory>::<minor-catagor(y|ies)>*::<lib_name>

One thing that has confused me (and continues to confuse me) about Ruby
libraries is that the library name isn't necessarily related to the
namespace. For instance,
        require 'ruth/mri'
gets you the Ruby::Interpreter class. This is unexpected. Indeed,
when you require a library, you have no idea what classes you're going
to get.

I would have mentioned that in my weblog but it seemed too Ruby-specific. :)

--
Overall there is a smell of fried onions.  (fnord)