Bil Kleb wrote:

> Believe it or not, I would like to install ruby on a Cray SV1.
>
> However, the compilation is failing for 1.6.7 using Cray's cc
> compiler,
>
>           cc -g -I. -I. -I/u/kleb/local/include -c dir.c
> CC-20 cc: ERROR File = dir.c, Line = 433
>     The identifier "MAXPATHLEN" is undefined.
>
>         int size = MAXPATHLEN;
>
> Where to I go from here?  (Short of trying to compile gcc too.)

I thought someone already answered this, but here it goes:

Edit dir.c and add this line somewhere near the top:

#ifndef MAXPATHLEN
#define MAXPATHLEN 256
#endif

> There are also a bunch of compilation warnings for bignum.c, e.g.,
>
>    CC-63 cc: WARNING File = bignum.c, Line = 1317
>     The indicated shift count is too large.
>
>           num = BIGUP(xds[i]);
>                 ^
> Total warnings detected in bignum.c: 61

That one is beyond me - sorry.

Regards,

Dan

PS - If you're willing to provide me with a login/passwd, I'll port my
various "Sys" modules to the Cray platform.  Then, I could brag to all
my friends.... :)